Tuesday 18 November 2008

Review 3

Model making begins…

Leaving the sketch pad in the drawer I decided to have a few weeks of fun, get the paints out (never painted before) and model making “bits and bobs”…
Above, two A3 sheets of concept design images shown at review... A different method of process has resulted in exploring new forms and types of design.

Where to go from here...

To express, represent and stimulate the values of a society constructed as an open source system. A portal to a world that showcases technology and produces a learning platform fused with social interaction.

This “building” is envisioned as a vibrant hub connecting and learning through the cities evolving environment.

My 50 mission statement, this is essentially a working document that develops with the design process.

Approaching the brief…

This is my main focus, whilst my concept largely relates to the site and its city context the brief/programme will develop the architecture and enable myself to design and develop the “spaces”. I can start to look at what each individual space is actually doing.

Originally I had developed a process of
Information In – Information Out.
I basically dissected how the information would come into the building and ultimately how it would leave.


For example;

INFORMATION IN – exhibition – process- research – develop – create – evaluation – exhibition…


From this I aim to break down each element and develop a series of spaces and connections that will be required.


No comments: